This 20-hour course includes 3 online modules and a 2-day practical workshop. This course is the first step to prepare the instructor to teach the original Mat exercises developed by Joseph H. Pilates. Participants will learn how to properly align the body in any body position and will leave with an understanding of how and when to modify or progress the exercises for the general population. This course includes a practical exam and an online written exam. This is the first course required for all PHI Pilates trainings.
- Student will be able to demonstrate and explain the concepts of neutral spine and neutral pelvis as they apply to the exercises of Joseph Pilates.
- Student will be able to instruct patients in a Pilates based personal training or rehabilitation session depending on their specialty.
- Student will present modifications and building blocks to teaching the mate exercises
- Student will be able to demonstrate effective Pilates-based breathing
- Student will list conditions that would benefit from Pilates exercise and specific exercises for common conditions.
- Student will be able to demonstrate Pilates style breathing and standing posture.
Pre-Requisites: College Level Anatomy or Fitness Certification
Required Textbook: PHI Pilates Mat Manual
CEU’s: PHI 20
NOTE: THE PILATES MAT MANUAL IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE.
Registration/payment must be received 15 days in advance of the course(s) you are purchasing. Registrations submitted after this time will result in a $25 late fee- per training. In the event that you register late, a PHI representative will contact you by phone to process your late fee. Cancellations and/or transfers must be made 15 days prior to training date and are subject to a $50 non-refundable fee. No transfers or refunds will be honored within 15 days of training date. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 (877) 716-4879.