This 10-hour course includes 3 online modules and a 1-day practical workshop. Pilates Mat Level II will lay the foundation for critical thinking for the Mat Pilates instructor. Less emphasis is placed on the performance of advanced level exercises and more emphasis is placed on preparing the instructor to handle the challenging participant. Learn to develop a program that will meet client goals, adjust to special needs, mix advanced and beginner students, and some new advanced exercises. This course includes an online written exam through PHI Pilates.
- Participants will report general contraindications and indications for Pilates with Osteoporosis, Total Joint Replacements, Arthritis, and Seniors.
- Participants will demonstrate modifications for special populations with Pilates mat exercises.
- Participants will demonstrate the advanced level mat exercises with builds and modifications
- Participants will identify and describe common postures in participants and choose appropriate mat based exercises for each posture.
- Participants will demonstrate appropriate actions within their scope of practice with special populations.
Pre-Requisites: Pilates Mat Level I
Required Textbook: Pilates Mat Manual
CEU’s: PHI 10 & PMA 10
NOTE: THE PILATES MAT MANUAL IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE.
Registration/payment must be received 15 days in advance of the course(s) you are purchasing. Registrations submitted after this time will result in a $25 late fee- per training. In the event that you register late, a PHI representative will contact you by phone to process your late fee. Cancellations and/or transfers must be made 15 days prior to training date and are subject to a $50 non-refundable fee. No transfers or refunds will be honored within 15 days of training date. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 (877) 716-4879.