This 1-day course discusses Pilates as an effective method of exercise for the pre-and post-natal client. Precautions, contraindications and prescriptive exercises both on the Mat and on the equipment will be presented. This course will prepare you to confidently lead healthy pre-and post-natal clients in a safe and effective Pilates program.
- The participant will recognize the Pilates instructor scope of practice with pre and post natal clients and will refer when indicated to medical professionals.
- The participant will demonstrate variations for basic mat exercises for the pre and post natal client.
- The participant will describe common pregnancy symptoms and complications such as morning sickness and diastasis rectus and their implications on activity.
- The participant will list the benefits to exercise for the pre and post natal client.
- The participant will list the contraindications for Pilates for certain clients who are in the pre or post natal periods.
Pre-Requisites: This course is most effective for the experienced Pilates professional who has formal training in at least the Mat repertoire.
Required Material: Pregnancy DVD
CEU’s: PHI 7
Sorry, but there are no products matching this criteria. Please try again.