This course is a 8-hour practical session. Students will learn the original Chair exercises of Joseph H. Pilates and methods for modification and progression. These exercises can be combined for either a group exercise class or a personal training session. This course serves as a requirement for full training through PHI Pilates.
- Participants will gain respect of an historical perspective of Joe Pilates.
- Participants will demonstrate the safe use of the Pilates Chair both as an instructor and as a participant.
- Participants will demonstrate the use of spring tension to increase or decrease the difficulty of a chair exercise.
- Participants will explain the safe spinal progression of a chair class or session.
- Participants will demonstrate teaching of 25 intermediate to advanced chair exercises.
Pre-Requisites: Pilates Mat Level I
Required Textbook: The Pilates Chair: Challenge the Core
CEU's: PHI 7
NOTE: THE PILATES CHAIR: CHALLENGE THE CORE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS TRAINING.